Refund Policies – Recreational Programs
Voluntary withdrawal: There is a one-week grace period in which the child is entitled to a full class-cost refund if the first class was not a good fit. For the refund to be granted, the gym club must receive in writing 48 hours prior to the start of the second class that the child will not be continuing their participation.Refund/credit requests made after 48 hours prior to the second class, the following applies:
- In the case that a replacement participant can fill the spot, a gym credit for the remaining weeks of the class cost (excluding BC Gym fee) may be granted to the participant (for use within the immediate family). The credit will exclude the class cost for the first and second classes at minimum, with the remaining credit amount dependent on the time the replacement is registered.
- In the case that the spot cannot be filled by a replacement participant, there will be no refund or credit granted to the participant or the immediate family. *Note: Credits are only available within the annual gymnastics season (September through June, or August if summer programs available).
Involuntary withdrawal: Refund or credit (excluding BC Gym fee) may be granted for involuntary withdrawal from the program (such as injury or illness), for the remainder of the session. A doctor’s note stating the child’s inability to continue participation must be provided to the GPGS board along with a written request for the refund to be considered. If applicable, the credit may be used by the immediate family and within the season. *BC Gym membership is non-refundable and non-transferable at any time.
Additional Programs (summer camps, training camps, other)
- Camp fees may be refunded if an athlete withdraws from the camp involuntarily (i.e., for medical reasons, family moves out of town, etc.).
- In the case of voluntary withdrawal from the camp, camp fees may be refunded if the withdrawal is made more than 1 week prior to the commencement of the camp. No refunds shall be made for requests within one week of the commencement of the camp.
- If the appropriate coach determines that an athlete is unsuited for the camp in which she/he is registered, the athlete shall be entitled to a refund of the remaining camp days.